After my vacation, I was focused this week to make sure I followed Nutrisystem and LOST weight. One thing that I noticed is I wasn’t drinking enough water. You should be drinking a minimum of 64 oz of water a day. Nutrisystem even sent me a water bottle to help me keep track of my water intake. Water is my go-to drink (I am not much of a soda person…lucky me), but there are days when 8:00 pm rolls around and I have only consumed 32-40 oz of water. So what do I do? I either chug down the rest of my water or skip it. Skipping it is a BAD idea, however drinking so much water that the end of the night isn’t great either. Talk about a bad night’s sleep… I would get up 3-4 times to go to the restroom… ugh.
How many glasses of water do I need daily?
8, 8-oz. glasses or 64 oz. per day is a standard recommendation. However, another good guideline is to drink 1/2 an ounce of water for every pound of weight you carry (in other words, divide your weight in half and drink that many ounces of water per day).
- I highly recommend drinking one 8-oz glass of water before you eat breakfast and drink your coffee/tea.
- Drink one 8-oz glass of water before any meals/snacks.
- Try to drink 1/2 your water before noon.
- Get a 32 oz water bottle and make sure you drink 2 a day.
- Spice up your water… squeeze in a lemon, maybe a dash of cayenne pepper, crush in a mint leaf, etc. I can’t say for sure, but I believe decaf tea can be counted as your water.
This week I did lose a pound! Go me! I did drink my water, but I wasn’t as active due to the heat. I need to find time to run/walk in the mornings before my husband leaves for work or find exercises we can do together at night… might have to see what’s available on Netflix!
|Friday, July 13 @ 6:54 am|
Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689
or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog
Disclosure: I am a Nutrisystem Blogger. Products & support have been offered to me in exchange for blogging about my experiences. The thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. I received no other form of compensation for my review, nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review.