Maple Cinnamon Coconut Cookies(Recipe & photo submitted by Jaclyn, Guelph, ON)
Servings: 20 cookies
Preparation Time: 15 minutesCookies:
- 2 cups shredded coconut (I re-hydrated mine by soaking for a few hours because it was really hard, if you have softer coconut you probably don’t need to soak)
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup (for truly raw, you could raw honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or dried vanilla bean powder)
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oilMaple-Cinnamon Icing:
- 1/4 cup packed dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Water to thinCombine all ingredients for cookies. Roll into balls, place on a wax-paper lined flat surface and press into a round cookie shape.Combine ingredients for glaze in a food processor. Pipe onto cookies. Top with nuts if desired. Freeze until hardened.
Please use the entry form below to enter. Make sure you click “Do It!” and enter your information (Please make sure you “Click for Instructions” & leave URL when required… including url for tweets, sharing, etc). Please be patient while the form loads. Open to US & Canadian residents only, must be 18 and above to enter. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.