- Smart Sunscreen Use
- Get a head start on the sun.
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you are exposed to the sun.
- Don’t skimp on sunscreen.
- Use it liberally and apply it evenly over all exposed skin to ensure complete coverage. Reapply as directed.
- Cover all the bases.
- It’s easy to overlook spots like the ears, neck, and shoulders, but they need sunscreen too. Remember to grab a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses and to seek shade when the sun is most intense.
- Follow the numbers.
- SPF tells you the level of protection a sunscreen provides from sunburn. Use sunscreen with broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher whenever you’ll be outdoors.
- Reapply, reapply, reapply.
- Apply another coat of sunscreen as needed, at least every 2 hours- and be sure to reapply after swimming, sweating, vigorous activity or toweling off.
- Select water resistant sunscreens that can keep up with kids.
- Use water resistant sunscreens with broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher, and look for products that are quick and easy to apply to squirmy kids. (Keep babies under six months of age out of the sun and consult a doctor before applying sunscreen.)
For more sun care tips, please visit Coppertone.com.
Disclosure: As a member of the Coppertone® Water MOMS group, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience. The giveaway is sponsored by The Giveaway Train, not Coppertone. The hat was too small for my children, so you are in luck!