Did you start cleaning when spring arrived? I know I did. Springtime is a great time to renew, refresh, and revive in so many ways. As a mom, I like to take this time to get ready for the summer. Now, with cleaning and dealing with dust…I also have to deal with allergies. My entire family takes Claritin to help relieve and prevent allergy related symptoms.
I am always up for a party…so when the organizers of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew invited me to host a “Spring in Your Step” Mom Meet-Up, I jumped at the chance!
I received the following in my “Spring in Your Step” Mom Meet-Up kit:
- Wellness activities to use during your meet-up and perhaps incorporate into your everyday life
- 2013 Preparedness Checklist & Tips – so much to do and so little time, but with this snapshot view of preparedness tips, you’ll have your list checked off in no time.
- Giveaway items ~ hot/cold packs & Claritin Samples
Who doesn’t like a party?!?! Thanks to my good friend, Michele, we had fun in the sun with a great play structure, pool, water guns, bubbles, and MORE! There were 5 moms and 8 kids (plus some of the dads wanted to have fun too).
All of the moms were thrilled to receive the hot/cold pack and the 2013 Preparedness Checklist & Tips. We all agreed that the hot/cold packs would be great for neck pain and headaches. Hey, we are moms…we know after a day of carrying the kids and listening to them SCREAM that we need to pamper ourselves (just a little).
Tips on staying healthy this year:
- Exercise… yes, I said it… we need to exercise. Thanks to one of the moms at the meetup I learned that there is a yoga mommy group that gets together twice a week at our local park. If you don’t have a mommy group in your area that focuses on exercise, there are things you can do on your own (or with a friend…or better yet, start your own mommy group). 30 minutes of physical activity everyday will help you control your weight, boosts your mood and energy levels, and helps with your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Healthy cooking, healthy eating ~ Trying new foods and recipes can be fun! Ask your mommy friends to share their favorite healthy recipe and you can do a quick recipe exchange.
- Pamper yourself ~ It’s important to take time for YOU!!! Here are three simple homemade beauty treatments you can try at home:
- Milk Foot Soak: Add 4 cups of warmed whole milk, 2 tablespoons of Epsom Salt and 6 drops of your favorite essential oil such as lemon, sandalwood or lavender to warm footbath. Soak for 20 minutes. Use favorite moisturizer on your feet.
- Honey Oats Face Scrub: Combine 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon finely ground almonds, 2 tablespoons dry oatmeal and some lemon juice or yogurt. Massage mixture gently onto face; then rinse with warm water. Use favorite moisturizer afterward.
- Yogurt & Honey Mask: Mix 1-part plain yogurt and 1-part honey. Apply to clean, moist face. Let it set for 10-15 minutes and rinse well with warm water. The mixture moisturizes, hydrates and soothes the skin. Honey can also be used as a minor acne treatment.
Children’s Claritin is the #1 pediatrician recommended, 24-hour, non-drowsy allergy medication!
Disclosure: I am a member of Children’s Claritin Mom Crew & received this product free of charge to share with my mommy group. No other form of compensation was received. The thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. I received no other form of compensation for my review, nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review.