I had the opportunity to try out Rockin’ Green Cloth Diaper Detergent. What excited me most about trying out this new product was the fact that it came in 3 different solutions (Soft, Classic & Hard) and had numerous scents to choose from (Orangevana, Smashing Watermelons, The Green Tea’s, Rage against the Raspberry, Mötley Cleän, Lavender Mint Revival and Bare Naked Babies).
Rockin’ Green is made of safe, phosphate free ingredients which makes it good for the planet. This detergent is free of dyes, enzymes, whiteners and brighteners so it is safe to use on all of your cloth diapers…and other laundry too. Rockin’ Green uses only biodegradable, eco-friendly ingredients and 100% natural scents. (There is approximately 10 drops of natural fragrance oil per 45 load batch so the amount of oil in each load is negligible. The oils used in Rockin’ Green are 100% natural, so the risk of irritation is much less than other scented products on the market.)
Rockin’ Green comes in several different formulas- so there is something for everyone!
- Soft – this formula is designed for those that have sensitive little ones or soft water.
- Classic – this is the original formula, and is great for those with moderate hard water, or just those that are battling with stinkies. Comes in unscented and scented varieties.
- Hard – This formula is designed for the most troubling of water types.
All Rockin’ Green formulas are designed with the same great ingredients, and work for all water types. Most people do great with the Classic formula, so when in doubt start off with that formula.
Rockin’ Green comes in several different scents. Which one are you going to try first?
- Orangevana – orange and cream combine together to reach a new level of cleaning awareness
- Smashing Watermelons- this juicy watermelon blend is like a kick to your senses..Best Seller!
- The Green Tea’s – the zen like blend of green tea and aloe, is sure to make it to the top of your playlist.
- Rage against the Raspberry- this raspberry and honey blend will have you running around the laundry room looking for the mosh pit! Best Seller!
- Mötley Cleän – there’s clean and then there’s Mötley Cleän. This fresh blend has hints of ocean, fresh linen, and sunshine.
- Lavender Mint Revival- this medley of lavender and mint is like nothing you have heard or smelled before!
- Bare Naked Babies- because we love the smell of babies, we offer an unscented variety too!
We’ve been cloth diapering our baby girl since she was about 2 months old. She has such sensitive skin…so we have had to be very careful with what detergent we use on her diapers and laundry. I didn’t follow the directions given to me when I first received our cloth diapers. I decided I didn’t need to wash the diapers the way they told me too before using them…boy was I WRONG! Hello RASH! So, I thought I would go cheap and just use the baby detergent we were using for her clothes…another BAD idea! Oh, I followed the directions…I washed the diapers, then rinsed them again…but the detergent didn’t really come out of the diapers that well…which equaled another RASH on our baby girl…boohoo! Finally I asked my friend what detergent she used and changed right away. Now we do not have as many RASH problems (thank goodness). However, some of the diapers still had a lingering smell of urine…so I couldn’t wait to try something new: Rockin’ Green Soap!
The first test…I washed the cloth diapers in “Bare Naked Babies” (Soft Rock) the other night. First impression…I like it. It seemed to really get the diapers clean. “Bare Naked Babies” has a very light scent…which is perfect for my baby girl. Now the real test is to see if my baby has a reaction to the detergent.
The second test...reaction of my baby’s bottom. We used the diapers washed in Rockin’ Green Soap and the results were GREAT! No RASH!!!!! That makes for a happy Mommy & Baby!!!
The third test…“Rock A Soak” with regular laundry. I filled up the bathtub with warm water and 3 tbsp of “Lavender Mint Revival” (Classic Rock). Then added some towels and my son’s swim trunks and undies. I let them soak overnight. Luckily I went back to check the soak after an hour or so…I found that one of my son’s rash guards was bleeding. I took it out immediately and washed it in the sink. Question I am sending to the company: Are there any products that shouldn’t be washed in Rockin’ Green Soap? This rash guard has been washed before without any problems…so I am not sure what made it bleed.
The fourth test…“Rock A Soak” with cloth diapers. I filled up the bathtub with warm water and 3 tbsp of “Bare Naked Babies” (Soft Rock). Then I added all of our cloth diapers (and a few of my son’s undies; all items were washed prior to the soak). I let them soak for 9 hours. Unlike other photos I’ve seen, our water was only slightly dingy…but I could feel the slim of the other detergent floating on top of the water (at least that’s what I assume it was). After the 9 hour soak, I squeezed out the excess water out of the diapers, inserts and undies then tossed them in the washer without soap. I ran the washer like I normally would…along with the second rinse cycle. The result – the diapers, inserts and undies didn’t have a urine smell plus looked cleaner. Some of the stains were gone! Nice!!!
The fifth test…washing regular laundry in “Lavender Mint Revival” (Classic Rock). I love this scent! The clothes smell great! My only wish is the scent to be a little stronger.
Will we use Rockin’ Green Soap again…definitely!
Visit Rockin’ Green and purchase a 45/90 bag of Soft, Classic or Hard Rock for only $13.95 or a 90/180 bag for only $22.95!
Each entry is worth 1 unless otherwise stated.
- Visit Rockin’ Green & tell me which scent and formula you would want to try.
- “Like” Rockin’ Green on Facebook. Leave Kim a comment letting her know that Christy from All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! sent you.
- “Like” All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @RockinGreenSoap on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Tweet (up to 3x daily, include tweet link in comment; 1 entry per tweet)
- Win a 45/90 bag of @RockinGreenSoap from @giveawaytrain! Ends 7/12! http://tinyurl.com/2aaxhkh
- Follow me publicly via Google Friend Connect (3 entries)
- Grab my button, post it on the main page of your blog & tell me where I can find it (3 entries)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with the post link; 5 entries)
Details: This giveaway ends on July 12, 2010. A winner will be chosen using Random.org and contacted via e-mail. The winner has 48 hours to respond, otherwise s/he will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to US residents only.
*Disclaimer: A sample product was provided to me in exchange for my honest review.