From Linda (a fellow blogger)
.1/4 cup butter
.1 package of marshmallows mini or large
.6 cups rice crispies cereal
.1/1/2 cups melting chocolate
.bag of candy corn
.bag of oreo cookies
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan
- Add the bag of marshamallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add the rice crispies cereal and stir the mixture until the cereal is well coated .
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then butter your hands and shape the ceral mixture into 1/1/2 inch balls.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in a glass pyrex measuring cup for 1 1/2 minutes on power level 5. Take them out and stir, then place them back in the microwave for an additinal 1 1/2 minutes on power level 5. Remove and stir until completely melted.
- You can use a spoon or a plastic bottle like pictured above ( I got in a candy making supply store) andplace melted chocolate ontop of oreo and then place rice cripsy ball ontop and allow chocolate to harden. Tke another oreo and drizzle chocolate on half of the cookie and put three to four candy corns on to represent the turkey feathers. Allow that to sit and harden. Then take your ball and turkey feather pieces and put them together with melted chocolate hold it for a few seconds and lean it against side of the cookie sheet as it hardens. Last step is to take a candy corn and place it on the rice crispy ball to represent the turkey head.
Linda said, “These are so cute that I sometimes make a little cardboard nameplate for my Thanksgiving table setting.”
Stop by and say “Thanks” to Linda for sharing this fun holiday recipe with us…http://nutmeg237.blogspot.com/