Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s out there! I knew I wanted to make my husband a special casserole this morning (but I didn’t realize my son ate the last of the bacon…so I had to improvise).
Quick & Easy
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 6-8 hash browns (not cooked)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (and extra cheese to sprinkle on top of the dish if desired)
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1/2 cup of meat (your choice: bacon, sausage, etc)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take 4 of the hash browns and put them in a single layer on the bottom of an 8×8 pan.
- Evenly spread 1 cup of shredded cheese over the hash browns.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and add on top of the cheese.
- Chop the remaining hash browns and broccoli into small pieces and layer them evenly.
- Whisk 6 eggs and 1/4 cup of milk in a separate bowl. Salt and pepper to taste (I chose not to put any on mine and it turned out perfect.). Pour over the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top of the dish and set the oven to broil. Bake until the cheese has melted.