So last night my husband was craving a sweet treat. He turned to me and ask if I would make my Cheerio bars (sorry hubby, pretty sure that was your mother who used to make them…not me). Good thing I love to bake and am willing to try something new. I searched the web and found a super simple recipe called Cheerio Treats from Real Mom Kitchen.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups Cheerios (regular)
- In a large sauce pan, combine sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for one minute and remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour over Cheerios and mix until all coated.
- Drop mixture by spoonful onto wax paper and allow to cool.
- When they are cool to the touch you can form into balls.
ADDICTING! These cookies are amazing! I better hide them otherwise my husband might eat them all!!!! Let me know if you try this recipe. I’d love to hear what you think about it.