Book or Clutch? How about BOTH!
You all know that I love anything that has to do with BOOKS! This is a super fun and easy project that requires NO sewing at all! Ready to make one?
Here is what you need:
- A hardbound book. Still like the pages? No worries! We won’t hurt them. Make sure it is a big book, about 1-1.5″
- hot glue gun and sticks
- metal zipper (the size depends on the book- it needs to run around all three sides. Don’t want to buy one? No worried! I pulled one out of an old dress)
- a piece of cardboard
- material for inside and outside of the book
Ready? Here we go!
1. Cut the pages out of the book – keep the pages! There are tons of craft projects you can do with them!
4. cut four 2X2 squares for the zipper
5. Sandwich each end of the zipper ends with fabric squares. Glue.
6. Cut four strips of fabric the length of your zipper including the length of the fabric squares
7. Glue fabric strips and squares to the zipper
And DONE! Super cute.
TIP: Hot glue is HOT! Please be careful. You can totally modify these instructions and use craft glue or even sew the pieces instead of using glue. The result will still be the same adorable book clutch that is sure to catch the eye of book lovers!