I was feeling creative the other day… and wanted to make a yummy breakfast treat for my family. My sister was in town taking care of me (post-surgery). I decided to make mini crescent roll Apple Pies. We always have apples and crescent roll dough on hand, so I knew exactly what I wanted to make… APPLE PIES!
Simple to make…you only need 5 ingredients:
- crescent roll dough
- 2 large apples
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle onto the dough (as needed)
- Dice large apples into small chunks.
- Boil 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small pan.
- Add apples once the sugar/water mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes (until the apples are soft…use a fork to check…turn off the stove top once the apples are cooked).
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and break into the 8 triangles.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar onto the dough.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop up the apples. Place 2 tablespoons of apples onto each triangle.
- Roll the dough around the apples (you can completely enclose or leave the sides open).
- Bake according to the crescent roll packaging (which I believe is 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes).
- Eat and enjoy!