It’s party time!
On Tuesday night, Kira invited a few of her friends to join our Mega Bloks Barbie Party! We had 7 kids playing with the Mega Bloks Barbie Build ‘n Style Luxury Mansion, Pool Party and 2 of the accessory kits. The kids ages ranged from 3-6. All of the kids had a blast playing with the Mega Bloks… and each child received a Mega Bloks Barbie Accessory Kit to take home!
It takes approximately 1-2 hours to put together the Mega Bloks Barbie Luxury Mansion and Pool Party sets. I assembled the sets prior to the party with the help of my daughter and son. If your child is NEW to small Mega Bloks or young, then they will need help assembling the sets. Kira turns 4 in June and could follow the directions fairly well, but needed help connecting some of the pieces. Logan, age 5, could connect the pieces and even put together the items without the directions!
Mega Bloks Barbie brings to life a whole new world for little girls… a very PINK new world. There are over 300 specially-designed pieces, including detailed accessories (hand bags, skirts, juice, etc.), to play with and create new adventures. Kids can collect up to 19 mini fashion figures ~ including Mega Bloks Barbie, Teresa, Nikki and Ken.
Even though we followed the directions while assembling these sets, the kids had fun mixing things up and creating NEW rooms and adventures for their friends. The mansion has 8 fabulous rooms to build and decorate: bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, patio, kitty room (attic), balcony and grand entrance. You can even personalize the mansion by stacking the rooms differently. The base plates for each room slide in and out so the kids can easily move them and play with them. The Pool Party also has a few different ways it can be put together. Just let the kids have fun and see what they can create!
What the kids liked:
- the bright colors (IT’S PINK!!!)
- comes with tons of the accessories
- The mansion! By far a favorite of all the kids!
- easy to change clothing, accessories and hair
What the kids didn’t like:
- the dolls can’t sit (don’t bend that way)…last night when playing with the dream house, she really wanted Barbie to sit in the chairs…seems if you are going to make a doll and a chair that the doll should be able to sit…
- they got frustrated with the parts popped off
What the parents liked:
- Nice to have more “girly” options for our little ladies to play with building blocks (at reasonable prices)
- The directions very easy to follow.
- multiples of the tiny pieces (hair bows, purses, etc) so you can lose some and not be sad!
What the parents didn’t like:
- Some of the pieces didn’t snap well together (hair would fall off if bumped, palm tree leaves didn’t stay on the trunk, front door kept popping off when opening, etc.)
- The people can’t stand alone. They must be attached to the pink stand (provided) or snapped into one of the scenes.
- I wish there were more choices in men. Both my son and daughter really like to play with both the girl and boy figures.
Make sure to join the Mega Bloks Family Club to receive coupons, learn about new products and lots more!
How would you like be a MommyParties hostess? It’s easy! Register today at www.MommyParties.com! As a member, you will be invited via email to host mom group meet-ups, girls night outs or play dates… including customized party kits. I’ve been fortunate to host several parties sponsored by MommyParties ~ Batman Attack, Thomas Mega Bloks, and MORE! It’s FREE and fun to sign up as a MommyParties hostess. Participation is based on meeting the criteria and awarded to first come, first serve. Participants are typically asked to share their party experiences via social media networks.
Disclosure: I was selected to be a host of MommyParties sponsored by Mega Bloks. I received product to host the party. The opinions and thoughts expressed are my own. I received no other compensation for my review nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review.