With the holiday hustle and bustle, you may want to think about your out-of-town guests.What meals will you plan this holiday season? Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to plan. This year I tested out one of my favorites recipes, but gave it a little something extra special: al fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage.
al fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausage Mini Quiche (with or without bread)
- 8 eggs
- 3 Tbs milk
- 1 – 8oz package of al fresco Apple Maple Chicken Sausages
- 4 oz Tomato & Basil Feta Cheese
- 1 package of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers biscuit dough
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs and milk until completely blended in a large bowl.
- Tear the spinach and add it to the egg/milk mix. Gently mix.
- Add the feta cheese and mix.
- Line cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Open up the Pillsbury biscuits and pull apart each biscuit into two (that’s why I use the flaky biscuits…they are easier to pull apart). Line the cupcake pan with the biscuit.
- Slice the sausage in half, then dice.
- Place the sausage into the biscuits (I do this so each bite has an equal amount. My daughter helped me by adding the sausage. We added about 1/3 of a sausage to each quiche.)
- Pour in the egg mixture (I filled them almost to the top…but beware, if you fill it too high it will spill over as it cooks. You may want to put the cupcake pan on top of a cookie sheet.) I was only able to make 16 with biscuits, but I had enough egg and sausage to fill up the rest of the cupcake pan…so I make 8 without the biscuit (again if you spray, they will pop out easily).
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Eat & enjoy!
- You can store in your refrigerator for a week and reheat in the microwave. Cook for 30 second intervals until hot.
Give yourself a reputation for hosting the best breakfast this holiday season. When declarations of your houseguests’ hunger echo through the kitchen, don’t freak out: al fresco has you covered with breakfast chicken sausage links and patties. They have 70% less fat and 40% less sodium than breakfast pork sausage and are gluten free.
Save $2 when you buy two packages of al fresco breakfast products (during the month of December). Coupons are available on breakfast sausage packages while supplies last.
al fresco’s breakfast sausages are sizzling and ready in minutes, which leaves you extra time for holiday shopping, listening to that story Grandma likes to tell over and over or planning dinner. And speaking of dinner, breakfast for dinner is more than just a meal: it’s an excuse to get jammies on early (for both you and the kids.) al fresco also has an entire line of chicken sausages, burgers, patties, and meatballs. To see other products, please visit: alfrescoallnatural.com/products.
Disclosure: Product was received in order to conduct my review. All opinions are my own. No other form of compensation was received.