Spring is here and the sun is shining…
what are you going to do today?
We are going to spend the day “scooting” around town!
When Kira turned 3 we bought her a scooter and Logan has been asking us almost daily to get him one. However, the particular scooter we purchased for Kira only held kids up to 44 lbs and 43″ tall (recommended for kids age 3-6)… which is perfect for our petite little girl, NOT good for our little man. Logan is a smaller 5-year-old, but to purchase a scooter that he would grow out of in a few months didn’t sit well with me… so the search was ON! I didn’t want just any scooter, I wanted a 3-wheeled scooter… and Kickboard USA had the perfect scooter for Logan called the Maxi Kick!
Kickboard USA sent Logan the Neon Green Maxi Kick Scooter to review.
The award winning Maxi Kickboard, or maxi kick scooter from Micro is the quality 3-wheel scooter for ages 6-11, with a rider load of up to 120 lbs. The maxi kickboard is a lightweight (5 lbs) scooter that will grow with your child; the steering bar extends from 24 inches above the deck to 36 inches. The unique lean-and-steer design allows your child to ‘surf the sidewalks’. The double rear wheels and rear brake add stability and control making the maxi scooter a smoother, cooler, tougher scooter.
The maxi kick scooter comes with either a T-bar or pilot stick. The T-bar allows a child to balance more easily, while the pilot stick provides optimal performance and handling unmatched by other products!
Logan loves his new scooter.
Features we love:
- Easy to assemble ~ All I had to do was attach the T-bar (steering rod) to the kickboard. It snapped in easily. I also double checked the screws per instructions (to make sure all screws were tight).
- Enjoyed the “Kick Scooters ~ The Ten Safety Rules” visually appealing safety rules for kids to easily understand. The BIGGEST thing is reminding Logan to wear his helmet! Safety first!
- Two wheels in front along with the T-bar allows for easy maneuvering; 3-wheel scooter design features the unique lean-and-steer mechanism
- Adjustable T-bar = use for taller riders (grows with the child)
- Maximum weight = 120 lbs!!!! Thank you! All of the scooters I have seen are only up to 50 lbs (or less). Nice to find a scooter that will hold more weight.
- The rear ‘spoon’ brake is easy for kids to stop the scooter, plus the double-rear wheels add stability. We made sure Logan knew how to “STOP” his scooter before taking off.
- The maxi kick is well made and sturdy. It is designed to last!
It’s amazing how easy it was for Logan to jump onto his maxi kick and jet across the lot! He flew around the lot like an expert! Watching him, you’d think he has been riding this scooter forever… but no, this is his first scooter.
Kira and Logan had fun “racing” their scooters. I know when Kira gets bigger we will be purchasing her a maxi kick! This scooter will be a favorite riding toy for a long time! (I might even have to purchase one for Mommy & Daddy!!!)
- The maxi kick scooter won the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold and Platinum Seal Award for 2009 and was featured on NBC’s “Today Show” as part of a feature on The Best Toys for Summer.
- The maxi kick scooter also was named ‘Best Scooter for Kids’ by ToyReport.org.
Kickboard USA offers scooters for everyone…kids and adults including: mini kick scooters, maxi kick scooters, kids scooters, children’s scooters and adult kick scooters! They are the exclusive USA distributor of Micro® Mobility products.
Order your Kickboard today!!!
FREE shipping on ALL orders!
You can “like” Kickboard USA on Facebook and @MicroKickboard on Twitter!