How many ways can my kids eat hot dogs? That is a good question. My son has always loved hot dogs in a bun with mustard, so I decided to change this simple meal into something fun! I swapped out the bun for biscuits.
Quick & Easy Hot Dog Biscuits
What you need…
- Pillsbury Biscuit Dough (I used the flaky recipe…the kids like to peel the layers of the biscuit)
- 4 Foster Farms Turkey Franks
- cheese (optional)
- muffin tin
- cooking spray
How to make…
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray the muffin tin with cooking spray so the biscuits don’t stick.
- Pull apart the biscuits, then peel each biscuit in half.
- Layer one half of the biscuits into the muffin tin.
- Cut the hot dogs into small pieces (I just cut them into circles, but you can cut even smaller if you desire.)
- Layer the hot dogs onto the first layer of biscuits.
- Add cheese if you want cheese dogs. (OPTIONAL)
- Place the last half of the biscuit on top to cover the hot dogs.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
Yields 8 hot dog biscuits. Approximately 240 calories per hot dog biscuit (more if you add cheese).