This post is written by my favorite Nutrisystem supporter!
The holiday season is a dreaded time for many people on a weight loss program, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are 10 easy ways you can enjoy the celebration days without feeling punished or sacrificing your Nutrisystem progress. Click HERE to see the list in FULL details.
1. Have a plan. Think things through before you get to the actual holiday meals and parties. . .
2. Stay on track. Holidays are not the time to skip meals in an attempt to “bank” calories. . .
3. Set a goal. There’s something about holidays that makes people forget what they do the rest of the year. Do you already have weight loss goals set up for November, December and January? If not you can start today. Once you’ve set a short-term goal, decide on a way to reward yourself once the goal has been reached.
4. Drink smart. Face it, overindulging during holiday events—whether it’s an office party, a family gathering or a neighborhood open house—can add a lot of extra calories to your day.. .
5. Trim the calories. This tip is especially useful if you happen to be the primary cook for an event. In baked items, replace the fat with an equal amount of applesauce and the sugar with a sugar substitute; substitute a quarter cup of egg substitute for every egg called for in the recipe; replace butter with low fat margarine; replace whole milk with 1% milk and sour cream with yogurt; reduce the amount of nuts called for by half. And don’t forget both veggies and salad.
6. Enlist support. Trying to maintain your Nutrisystem program can be hard at the holidays, but there’s no reason you have to go it alone. Ask for your family’s understanding or even their help, so nobody’s trying to foist “seconds” on you. . .
7. Keep moving. Instead of just sitting around after dinner, suggest a family walk, or organize a touch-football game. . .
8. Quality not Quantity. If you do plan to indulge in some of the traditional Thanksgiving favorites, use these portions as a guideline:
- Turkey—3 oz. white meat, no skin (about the size of a deck of cards)
- Mashed potatoes—1/3 cup (about the size of half of a baseball)
- Gravy—1 Tbsp. (just drizzle it)
- Relish made with sugar—1 Tbsp.
- Stuffing—2 Tbsp.
- Dinner Roll—if not homemade, skip it
- Pie—1/12 of a 9” pie
9. Eat Before You Go. Whether you are hosting or just attending a holiday function, be sure to eat your Nutrisystem entrée before the festivities begin — that way you won’t be tempted to overeat during the meal and will be able to stay on track.
10. Embrace the holiday spirit. This last tip may just be the most important: You can get so caught up in all the planning and hoopla that you lose the whole meaning of the holiday season—coming together with friends and loved ones. It’s the time that’s really valuable, not the food and drink.
Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689
or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog
Disclosure: I am a Nutrisystem Blogger. Products & support have been offered to me in exchange for blogging about my experiences. The thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. I received no other form of compensation for my review, nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review.