Life IS a special occasion! Whether your child is starting kindergarten, high school, or maybe college… back to school is a very special event. With backpacks full of new pencils, binders and glue, kids might think they’re ready to take on the first day of school. But, sometimes kids need more than school supplies to face the exciting and challenging situations the upcoming year holds. That’s why Hallmark has created a back-to-school confidence checklist!
Hallmark’s Back to School Confidence Checklist
- Let them hold onto your words. Kids often get embarrassed when parents say “I love you” in front of their friends. Think about sticking a card in their backpack or inside a textbook, so they can find it later and hold onto it all day.
- Surprise your child with a lunchtime delight. Fruits and veggies will help a kid be physically fit, but don’t forget about a child’s emotional wellness. The unexpected “I love you” or “good luck” will let your child know you’re by their side, even after they get on the school bus.
- Pass the encouragement bug around your family. Challenge the entire family to support each other by passing around the encouragement bug — Hallmark’s Bug ‘Em. One person starts by filling Bug ‘Em with treats, a coupon to do something nice (e.g., make their sibling’s bed) or a kind note of encouragement, and then leaves Bug ‘Em where the recipient will find it. Once the recipient finds Bug ‘Em, he or she is charged with surprising another family member and spreading the encouragement bug.
Hallmark has done the homework for you and wants to give you a jumpstart on the school year.
As a busy working parent, you may not be home after school…but your kids may want to hear your voice… Hallmark Recordable Storybooks can help. Recordable Storybooks allow you to record your voice, and your little ones can read along with you even if you’re far away. My kids go visit my parents without us sometimes… so this book will be perfect for them to have Mommy & Daddy with them while they are away from home. Plus, this book is also great for encouraging your kids to read and building confidence for reading aloud!
This package includes:
- Hallmark’s Kids Collection three-card pack, which feature topics for young kids, including nerves about school and positive reinforcement for hard work, as well as topics for tweens/teens, such as peer pressure and choosing friends wisely.
- Lunchbox Notes — 50 ways to add a little love to lunchtime.
- Bug’Em — a pint-sized plush that can hold cards and other tokens of encouragement.
- Recordable Storybook
For more information, please visit http://www.hallmark.com/life.