This program is set up to teach your child to read in 60 days (though you have access to the site for 90 days). Extremely affordable at only $19.99 for the 60 day program. It’s a great way for parents to get their child on the road to their reading success. If you like the program, then you can also purchase a full year access to the program for $39.99. With the full year program, it “offers high interest text (superheroes, sports, transportation, animals, princesses, fairies) repetitive syntax, helps develop print awareness, and utilizes all 220 high frequency words and more that 200 vocabulary words inclusive of the 95 most common nouns in children books.”
- a behavior incentive program
- daily writing
- critical thinking/higher order reading questions
- games (to help children master high frequency words)
- printable books (that can be used as coloring books)
It’s so easy…Takes about 15-20 minutes a day…
- Parent/child teams choose a book to read that is appropriate for the child’s reading level (your child should read each book twice before moving on to the next book).
- You will read the title of story to your child. Ask them questions about the story (predicting & comprehension). – Day 1 & 2
- Do a picture walk with the story. Look at the pictures and talk about what might be happening. Then read the story to your child. – Day 1
- Have your child read the story to you. – Day 1 & 2
- Have your child point to each word as they read the story.
- If you child is struggling, then have them sound out the word.
- Have them use the illustrations for clues.
- Ask your child the comprehension questions.
Some of the things I really liked are…
- Books are short stories and print up in black & white (outlined pictures, so your child can color later), therefore you aren’t wasting ink.
- Great activities to strengthen your child’s reading comprehension.
- Starts your child at Level A, then progresses up to Level B and Level C when your child proves ready to move forward.
- Includes an incentive chart & certificates to print out when your child completes each level!
|My son loves the computer…so we read online together.|
- Visit www.steppingstonestogether.com and leave me a comment telling me something you learned.
- Follow Stepping Stones Together on Facebook.
- Follow All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @DrEBurton on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Sign up for Stepping Stones Together newsletter.
- Become a public follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Google Friend Connect. (Left side of blog)
- Subscribe via email to All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! (Left side of blog)
- Grab my button, post it on the main page of your blog & tell me where I can find it (right side of blog; 2 entries = 2 comments)
- Stumble this giveaway (you can use the button at the bottom of this page: please leave your Stumble ID; 2 entries = 2 comments).
- Share/Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with URL; 5 entries = 5 comments)
- The following can be done daily for 1 entry:
*Disclaimer: A sample product was provided to me in exchange for my honest review. The opinions and thoughts expressed are my own. I received no other compensation for my review nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review