You never know what a kid will do with a plastic toy that they receive in a goodie bag. This is a lesson for all parents ~ check the goodie bag before giving your child access to all the “goodies.” This morning we woke up and the kids were watching television. Typical day, so I thought. All of a sudden our son screamed. He stuck his finger in the plastic kaleidoscope that was in his goodie bag from a friend’s birthday party.
First we attempted to pull it off with a little soap & water (okay a lot of soap). No luck removing it, Logan’s finger had already begun to swell. Next, my husband got his wire cutters and began cutting. That didn’t work so well either. Luckily I thought of my friend who just recently took her daughter to the fire station to remove a metal washer off her finger. We all got in the car and drove to the fire station. Thank goodness, Clark was there to save the day (at 7:45 am)! It took patience and a lot of love to cut off that plastic toy.
I am sure Logan learned a very valuable lesson this morning… NEVER stick your finger into a tiny hole!