STOP making macaroni and cheese from a BOX! You can easily make homemade macaroni and cheese in your crock pot! YES! Here is an easy crock pot recipe that you can add chicken or other fun foods to make it a complete meal!
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 cup of cooked chicken (cubed or shredded)
- Add the milk, egg whites and cornstarch into your slow cooker and whisk well.
- Stir in cheese and penne pasta.
- Cook on low for 1.5-2 hours (stirring every 15 minutes).
- Add chicken after 1 hour of cooking (your chicken should already be cooked, so this is just to heat it up and mix the flavors).
- Salt & pepper to taste.
After eating this delicious meal, my husband and I agreed that adding a little fresh garlic would give it a nice flavor.
Check out my other quick & easy recipes.
This recipe was inspired by SkinnyMS recipe my sister found on Pinterest.