My son kept asking me to make cinnamon rolls…but of course that is not something we just keep on hand in our house. So how do you make your child happy? You make cinnamon rolls with whatever you can find in your house. Here is an easy way to make cinnamon rolls at home.
- crescent rolls
- spreadable butter
- cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate them into two rectangles (4 triangles in each rectangle). You will do the following instructions twice.
- Spread butter across the flat crescent rolls.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together (about 1/2 a cup…more sugar than cinnamon). Sprinkle heavily onto the buttered crescent rolls.
- Roll the crescent roll into a log.
- Cut into 2 inch pieces — making six pieces.
- Repeat on second rectangle.
- Evenly space rolls onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle with excess sugar/cinnamon mix (not needed, I just had extra).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (or until brown).
- Immediately place a dollop of cream cheese frosting on top (allowing time to melt).
- Enjoy eating this tasty treat hot or allow to cool…up to you!