Living in the mountains with two kids, we need a reliable, comfortable car…and preferably one that looks good! Both my parents and sister have owned Kia’s in the past, so I know they are good, quality cars.
I was thrilled to test drive the 2016 Kia Sorento. Both my husband and I love the sleek style and color of the Kia Sorento. The exterior is Titanium and the interior is silver/black. The contrast stitching on the interior looked classy. This vehicle does not have the 3rd row… which is okay if you are looking for the perfect car for a family of 4-5. My little family of 4 fit comfortably! This is definitely a car we would own. It’s sporty, comfortable, and gets great gas mileage (19 city/25 highway).
Who’s ready to go for a ride? I took the Kia Sorento around Bass Lake, down to Fresno, over to Mariposa, and around town during the course of the week. This car took the turns of the windy mountain roads with ease. Up hills, down hills, and around corners. I felt safe and comfortable driving the Kia.
Oh how I love the keyless entry and push button starter! Ladies, you know how we have to scramble into our purse to find the kids? Not any more! With the keyless entry, you just need to have your purse near the car door to open. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
8″ Display Screen: Back Up Camera, Navigation, Music & More
Now this is a backup camera! No only do you get a view of the images behind the car, but Kia has upped their game with a virtual birds eye view (360 degrees around the car…almost looks like you are getting a satellite image of the car, but what you are seeing are the cameras attached to the side mirrors, front of the car and back of the car.
This 8″ touch screen also displays music, phone, navigation, and more. I loved having access to SIRIUS radio. In the mountains you don’t get very many stations…so SIRIUS is the way to go! Plus the Infinity Surround Sound Audio System was amazing!
Wow. The Kia Sorento has an amazing panoramic roof with power sun shade. It stretched across approximately half of the roof. Both the front and back passengers could see up to the sky! The sun shade glass opens like a moon roof…so sorry folks, you don’t get a convertible with this car.
Time to go shopping. The Kia Sorento has a huge trunk. I was able to fit in all of my groceries from Winco with room to spare.
Smart Cruise Control
BRILLIANT! I got so excited when I tested out the cruise control. I didn’t realize that it was a “smart” cruise control. I set the cruise to 65 on the freeway, then a car pulled in front of me. The car automatically adjusted the speed for me. I didn’t need to hit the breaks or reset the cruise speed. It was amazing! I can only assume the front camera monitors the space between the car in front of me. When it was a save distance away, the car resumed my set speed.
Lane Departure Warning System & Blind Spot Detection System
Cars are so high tech nowadays. Safety is the top priority. With a push of a button you can turn on the lane departure warning system. Ever drive at night and find yourself veer off the road? Kia will help you stay within the lines any time of day! And don’t worry about changing lanes…the blind spot detection system warns you if there is a car in your blind spot!
Do you have kids in car seats? Both of my children have car seats with a safety latch. The Kia Sorento has a latch located behind all three seats in the back row.
The Kia Sorento has built in sun shades on the back windows. This is such a nice bonus. My kids are always complaining about the sun being in their eyes on long drives. The shades are easy to put up and down (though I prefer that mommy or daddy puts them up and down). We took a drive to Mariposa and these helped keep the sun out of the kids eyes all the way.
“Like” Kia on Facebook
Follow @Kia on Twitter #DriveKia
Kia Sorento 2016
Standard Features ~
- 2.0L Turbo Gas Direct Injection 4-Cyl Engine
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission w/Sportmatic
- Independent Front and Rear Suspension
- Full-time AWD w/Lockable Center Differential
- 19″ Alloy Wheels
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags (1st & 2nd rows)
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Traction Control System
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Blind Spot Detection System
Interior, Comfort & Convenience:
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Infinity Surround Sound Audio System
- UVO eServices Telematics w/Rear Camera Display
- Navigation system w/8″ Display
- SIRIUSXM Satellite Radio w/free 3-month subscription
- Rapid Charge USB Ports/Auxiliary Input Jack
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- Front Headrests w/One Touch Control
- Premium Napa Leather Trim Seating
- Power Adj. Driver’s Seat w/Power Lumbar Support
- Memory Driver’s Seat Position
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Push Button Start with Smart Key
- heated Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Drive Mode Select
- Premium LED Fog Lamps/Rear LED Lamps
- Panoramic Roof with Power Sun Shade
- Heated Outside Mirrors w/Turn Signal Indicators
- Chrome Roof Rails
- Smart “Hands Free” Power Liftgate
- 10 Year/100,000 Mile Limited Powertrain Warranty
- 5 Year/60,000 Mile Limited Basic Warranty
- 5 Year/60,000 Mile Roadside Assistance
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $41,700
Additional Installed Equipment (in addition to or in place of standard features):
- Merlot Nappa Leather Seat — No Charge
- SXL Technology Package — $2,500
- Xenon HID Headlights
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Forward Collision Warning System
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Surround View Monitor
- Smart Cruise Control
MSRP Including Options: $44,200
Disclosure: Drive Stop loaned me the Kia Sorento. I was allowed to test drive this vehicle for one week or one tank of gas (whichever came first). All opinions are 100% my own. No form of compensation was received in exchange for this post.