From the creators of Shrek comes DreamWorks Trolls, the must-own, feel-good, music-filled original adventure of the year. After the giant Bergens invade Troll Village, Poppy, the happiest Troll ever born, and overly-cautious Branch set off on an adventure to rescue their friends. Jam-packed with music, including original songs by Justin Timberlake, you’ll want to Bring Home Happy! DreamWorks Trolls will be available on DVD & Blu-Ray February 7th!!!
In honor of the release of Dreamworks Trolls, I have brought you a fun activity that the entire family can enjoy…painting ROCK TROLLS! Just last month I talked about how hidden painted rocks were bring joy to my small town, so why not bring a smile & Bring Home Happy with this simple activity.
What you need (contains Amazon Affiliate links):
- rocks (you can find rocks in your yard…or Dollar Tree, True Value, Michaels, etc.)
- Uni-posca Paint Marker Pen
- Acrylic paint brushes
- Acrylic paint
- Elmer’s Glitter Glue
- Clear Satin Sealer (spray)
- Trolls Movie (to get you inspired…and great music to motivate you)
- Decide which Troll you want to recreate on your rock. Sometimes the rock shape will help you decide. I really wanted to make Princess Poppy…so that is the first rock I painted. I found a picture of Poppy to help inspire me. I found that I liked her with her little smirk than her mouth open.
- Wash and dry your rocks prior to painting.
- Start by painting the face with acrylic paint (a light pink). Her head is a long oval. Find the center of the rock and move it down just a little to leave room for the hair. Due to the porous nature of rocks, you will have to do several layers to give the rock good coverage. Don’t forget to give her ears! Two small ovals…easy peasy!
- Once the face and ears are dry, add the hair (if you don’t have the “right” color, mix pink and red to get a deeper shade).
- Use the green uni-posca paint pen to paint on the headband from ear to ear.
- Poppy’s headband has 3 light blue flowers. Use the uni-posca light blue paint pen to create teardrop petals. Then go back and add the green leaves.
- Use the end of a paintbrush to paint on the nose (same color as the hair; three dots connected…the middle slightly larger)
- Depending on how steady your hand is you can use acrylic paint or the uni-posca paint pens to do the whites of her eyes. I used the paint pen.
- Allow the white to dry then use the end of your paintbrush and the light pink acrylic paint to put a dot of pink in each eye.
- Use the black uni-posca paint pen to put her pupil in her eye and carefully add eyeliner/lashes.
- With a very thin brush and the darker pink that you used for her hair, paint on her smile and eyebrows. You can also use this color to give the ears definition.
- Use Elmer’s pink glitter glue to add a hint of glitter to her checks.
- Seal your rock.
Now…do you hide it for some lucky person to find or keep it for yourself. I will be hiding my 3 rocks (I painted Poppy and Diamond & my good friend painted DJ). I want to BRING HOME HAPPY to someone else!
Did you like this craft? Please pin it on Pinterest!!! Make sure to follow my Troll inspired board for fun party ideas & crafts.
Now you can Bring Home Happy with DreamWorks Trolls on Blu – ray™ and DVD.
The happiness continues as you go deeper into the world of DreamWorks Trolls with fun-filled extras! Sing along with on-screen lyrics in Party Mode; take a tour of the movie’s most colorful locations; learn the secrets behind the film’s dazzling animation; watch Poppy and Branch debate hilarious topics; check out the never-before-seen deleted scenes and more!
Sing, dance and hug along with the Trolls in Party Mode, including on-screen lyrics for every song and fun catch phrase prompts!
TRAVEL THROUGH TROLL VILLAGE
Cloud Guy narrates a tour of key locations, including Troll Village and Bergen Town, created by the amazing artists at DreamWorks Animation.
THE POTION FOR STOP-MOTION
Part behind-the-scenes, part stop-motion tutorial, this featurette explores the process used to create Poppy’s visually stunning scrapbook.
CREATING TROLL MAGIC
The production design team of DreamWorks Trolls takes you through the key stages of creating the film’s animation with detailed visuals of each stage.
TROLL 2 TROLL
Watch Poppy and Branch debate life’s most important topics such as Cat or Dog, Vanilla or Chocolate…and more!
INSIDE THE BUNKER
Prepare to be prepared! Get a rare glimpse into Branch’s world with an in-depth exploration of his “special” place, narrated by Cloud Guy.
Catch the colorful scenes you couldn’t see in theaters, with introductions by director Mike Mitchell and co-director Walt Dohrn.
One lucky reader will BRING HOME HAPPY and win a Blu-Ray copy of DreamWorks Trolls!!!
Use the Rafflecopter form to enter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I am a Fox Home Insider and received materials to facilitate this post and giveaway. All opinions are my own. This post does contain Amazon affiliate links.