While cleaning one day I found a few pretty frames that needed some love and attention. What better way to give them some attention, but to upcycle them into something NEW! I decided to make myself a frame earring holder. It’s so easy to make…you could make one today!
You will need…
- old frame (hit your local thrift shops, I’m sure you will be able to find one)
- paint & paintbrush
- screen (Do you have an old window screen or slider you can pull the screen off of? If not, you can find this screen at the hardware store.)
- staple gun (with short staples…I learned the hard way and used longer staples and it went right through my project)
- Paint your frame. You can get creative and paint your frame two colors…or distress it by using a fine grained sandpaper. I decided to leave mine one single color…but I can always change that!
- Once dried, cut the screen to fit the opening (allow at least 1/4″ overlap so you can staple it to the back). As you can see I didn’t paint the back of the frame. You can if you want to, but I didn’t think it was necessary.
- Hang your earrings and enjoy!