This post contains affiliate links.
If you missed the premiere of Disney’s Descendants, you can still order this amazing DVD!
They’re not bad. They’re just born that way.
Get ready for amazing music, fantastic dance moves, PLUS lessons about life and love in the new Disney Channel original movie Descendants. Inside your copy of Descendants you will receive a very special “Isle of the Lost” bracelet…which my daughter and I are still trying to decide who get to wear it first!
All of the most infamous villains who ever lived, along with their children, have been banished to the Isle of the Lost. But things are about to change. Prince Ben, the son of Belle and the Beast, is about to be crowned king. His first proclamation is to give the children on the Isle of the Lost a second chance. He chose the kids of Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Jafar and Cruella De Vil. Sent from an island with nothing, they are introduced to the “good life” in Auradon where they get to attend the prep school alongside the children of the beloved Disney heroes.
In true villain form, their parents expect them to be “rotten to the core” and make their children promise to steal the wand from the Blue Fairy so they can achieve “world domination” once again. These kids need to decide if they are going to make their parents proud by being EVIL or choose to be good.
Everyone, except Prince Ben, thinks they are “rotten” and up to no good. They don’t trust these outsiders and treat them like they don’t belong. You can feel the tension. I love that this movie shows how peer pressure can effect how someone is treated. These kids need to be given a second chance to make a first impression. Just because they grew up somewhere else and their parent’s are evil doesn’t mean they are!
The DVD has some fun bonus features including the backstage dance rehearsals (Dance till you drop! Exclusive cast rehearsals with Director Kenny Ortega), bloopers with Kristin Chenoweth and the cast goof up and crack up on the set, sneak peek at Mal’s story as seen though social media!
The Amazing Cast:
- Kristin Chenoweth (“Wicked,” TV’s “Glee”) as Maleficent
- Dove Cameron (TV’s “Liv & Maddie”) as Mal the daughter of Maleficent
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (“The Game,” “Miss Congeniality”) as Cruella de Vil
- Cameron Boyce (TV’s “Jessie”) as Carlos the son of Cruella de Vil
- Maz Jobrani (“The Interpreter,” “13 Going on 30”) as Jafar
- Booboo Stewart (“X-Men Days of Future Past,” “Twilight”) as Jay the son of Jafar
- Kathy Nijimy (“WALL-E,” “Sister Act”) as the Evil Queen
- Sofia Carson (TV’s “Austin & Ally”) as Evie the daughter of the Evil Queen
- Mitchell Hope (“Down the Way,” “Yes Mum”) as Ben the son of Beast and Belle
- Melanie Paxson (“Saving Mr. Banks,” “Happy Family”) as Fairy Godmother
- Brenna D’Amico as Jane the daughter of Fairy Godmother
- Sarah Jeffery (“Shades of Blue,” “Rogue”) as Audrey the daughter of Princess Aurora
- Zachary Gibson (“Zapped”) as Doug the son of Dopey
- Jedidiah Goodacre (“If There Be Thorns,” “Zapped”) as Chad Charming the son of Cinderella
- Dianne Doan (“Last Night in Suburbia”) as Lonnie the daughter of Mulan
Disclosure: I received this DVD for free in change for my honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.