I did it! I finally too the plunge and participated in my first 5K race since high school! On April 7, I joined thousands of of wild and crazy people in the Color Me Rad 5K at Woodward Park (Fresno, CA).
What is Color Me Rad? It’s a run, for the FUN of it! This is NOT a timed race… so anyone can join (walk, run, skip, hop… everything goes)! Kids & adults can attempt this race, everyone but animals (sorry, no animals allowed in the race… I think your four-legged friends will thank you for not bringing them).
After 5K of color bombardment, we guarantee your outlook will be brighter, your boyfriend will be more affectionate, your girlfriend will be less needy, the hair on your head will grow back and the hair on your back will fall out, your black and white TV will turn into 720p HD (I know you were hoping for 1080, but we organize races, we’re not miracle workers), and your gray outlook will turn green like a spring morning.
You’ll start off with a shirt as pure and white as your grandpa’s dentures and you’ll soak up enough color while running to change your skin tone forever. You’ll wind up looking like a pack of skittles – just make sure not to “taste the rainbow.”
So cast your DYE and get red in the face from Color Me Rad, and not from the embarrassment of passing up on the run of a lifetime.
How it works:
- Sign up for your start time prior to the event.
- You will receive an email telling you when and were to pick up your packet ~ bib, sunglasses, t-shirt.
- On the day of the race, you will want to arrive at the event 60 minutes before your race time.
- Line up with the other racers and they will send the runners in waves.
- You will start out as clean (where WHITE for the best results…don’t wear the t-shirt you get when you pick up your packet, that is your souvenir), and throughout the run, you’ll be BOMBED (or sprayed) with Color Bombs of blue, green, pink, purple, and yellow … after the race you will look like a tie-dyed hippy!
- As you cross the finish line, they will give you a color bomb that you can save for the group toss!
I had a blast running this race! Even though I am out of shape, I was able to run the majority of the race… and I had tons of fun. All of the racers were friendly and supportive. I can’t wait for next year! Hope you will join me in 2014 Color Me RAD!!!!
NOTE: Don’t wear your favorite white t-shirt or running shoes, the PINK didn’t come out of my clothing. 🙁