Shredded Coconut Review & Giveaway
Here is how to make German Chocolate Cake Balls with Shredded Coconut:
Step 1: Buy a box of German Chocolate Cake (yes…I like to make life simple…though I am sure my German friend is going to ask me why I didn’t make the cake from scratch…answer – LACK OF TIME). Bake the cake and let cool.
Step 2: Once the cake is completely cooled, crumble it up into tiny pieces. I mean TINY! It should not resemble a cake any more. Now, mix in an entire container of cream cheese frosting. (YES, then entire container). Mix thoroughly until it is all mushy (very classy term, I know).
Step 3: Roll mixture into balls (approximately 1″).
Step 4: Once all the balls are rolled (makes over 50), put them on a cookie sheet and place in freezer while you melt your chocolate. I used a big pot and glass bowl as a double boiler to melt my chocolate…but you can also microwave the chocolate…what ever is easiest for you.
Step 5: Roll the cake ball in the melted chocolate. Be sure to cover the entire ball.
Step 6: Drop the chocolate covered ball into the coconut and roll, covering the entire ball with coconut.
Step 7: You can store in the refrigerator…or eat and enjoy! They are more than cake…they are like CANDY!
“Tropical Traditions 100% natural Shredded Coconut, Coconut Flakes, and Coconut Chips are made from organic dried coconuts in the Philippines that are grown with no fertilizers or pesticides. This premium dried coconut contains no additives or preservatives, and is not sweetened. Unlike most dried coconut on the market, our dried coconut products are not treated with sulfites to keep them white. They are a great addition to recipes and baking, or just for snacks! Note: The Shredded Coconut is a very small cut, suitable for baking, such as making macaroons. The Coconut Flakes are a larger shredded coconut cut, perfect for garnishing or toppings, such as the top of a coconut cream pie. The Coconut Chips are a much larger cut that can be used as a snack food. You can mix them with nuts and dried fruit, for example.”
This is definitely the BEST coconut I have ever had! It’s not sweetened…it’s all natural! I can’t wait to try a few more recipes out. Thank you Tropical Traditions!!!
You can find Coconut Oil, Shredded Coconut,
Organic Food, Skin Care Products & more
If your e-mail address is on your profile, then make sure your profile is public.
- Visit Tropical Traditions and comment back here with a product you would like to try or something you learned.
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Facebook.
- Follow All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @troptraditions on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Visit Free Coconut Recipe blog and tell me which recipe you would like to try first if you won the shredded coconut.
- Subscribe to Tropical Traditions Newsletter.
- Become a public follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Google Friend Connect. (Left side of blog; 2 entries – 2 comments)
- Subscribe via email to All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! (Must verify subscription before leaving comment; left side of blog: 2 entries – 2 comments)
- Enter another giveaway (leave one comment per giveaway entered)
- Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post (leave a comment telling me which post your left a comment on; max of 3 extra entries)
- Grab my button, post it on the main page of your blog & tell me where I can find it (right side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Stumble this giveaway (you can use the button at the bottom of this page: please leave your Stumble ID; 2 entries = 2 comments).
- Share/Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with URL; 5 entries = 5 comments)
- TWEET: RT #win 1 Gallon of #Organic Shredded #Coconut from @troptraditions via @giveawaytrain! Ends 1/13! Open to US & Canada http://bit.ly/gvmZg9 (You may tweet daily for 1 entry; please leave a comment with tweet URL).