Again…Tropical Traditions has spoiled me with some wonderful products to review! As you may have guessed, I have a love…no, an obsession for lotions. My body is in dire need of moisture, so bring on the lotion! But not just any lotion will do…if it’s greasy, sticky or oily I DON’T WANT IT! Tropical Traditions makes a product that I can’t live without! I love their Peppermint Moisturizing Lotion! Ahhhhh…the tingling sensation you get from the peppermint oil is invigorating. Now, it says this lotion is for hand, face and body…but I wouldn’t recommend putting anything with peppermint on your face (but that is my opinion). This lotion is perfect after a long day of cleaning house, running after your kids, etc. Can you say “FOOT MASSAGE!!!!” I put this on before I go to bed so my body can relax at night. I did notice that if the lotion sits for a while, you need to shake it up before using. I tried to squirt a little into my hand and it didn’t come out very well…but with a little shake, everything was great. Start off with a small amount and rub anywhere on the body. Due to the fact that this lotion doesn’t have any alcohol in it, you do need to let it sit on your skin for one minute to allow the lotion to absorb into your skin. It’s not oily like I thought it might be due to the fact that it’s made of Virgin Coconut Oil. Once it absorbs into your skin, your skin is smooth and soft as silk…plus I love the peppermint scent that lingers on my hands!
I also received a bottle of the Lavender Moisturizing Lotion. I decided to surprise my mom and give it to her to test out. She can’t have a lot of fragranced things, but she does like Lavender. With her sensitive nose, a little goes a long way.
What’s so special about Tropical Traditions Moisturizing Lotions? These lotions are hand made with NO ALCOHOLS, NO PETROLEUM PRODUCTS and NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCES! 100% natural!
Filipinos are well-known for their youthful appearance and soft skin, even though they live in a climate that exposes them to the sun’s rays year round. Coconut oil is their main dietary oil, and is also the main ingredient in their skin care products.All of the moisturizing lotions that Tropical Traditions offers are made with organic Virgin Coconut Oil and Virgin Palm Oil. No other products on the market are made with finer oils as their base. Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil is traditionally made from fresh organic coconuts, and independent laboratory tests show that it has a higher level of antioxidants than other coconut oils.Virgin Palm Oil contains high concentrations of a powerful form of Vitamin E called “tocotrienols” which published research has shown is 40–60 times more potent than alpha-tocopherol (the most common form of Vitamin E found as an additive in most skin care products.) In addition to these powerful Vitamin E tocotrienols, Virgin Palm Oil is also rich in natural carotenes. It is one of the richest natural plant sources of carotenes with concentrations of 500–700 ppm. It is 15 times more retinol-equivalent than carrots and 300 times more than tomatoes, for example.
2 bottles of Moisturizing Lotions.
(Winners choice of scents: unscented, Baby Silk, Lavender, Citrus, Peppermint or Arnica.)
- Visit Tropical Traditions and tell me something you learned and/or which 2 scents you would choose if you won.
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Facebook.
- Follow All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @Troptraditions on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions email Sales Newsletter here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/subscribe_for_special_sales.cfm
- Vote for me on The Picket Fence Blogs (click button on the left for 1 entry each day)
- Become a public follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Google Friend Connect (Left side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Become a follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Networked Blogs (Left side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Subscribe via email to stay up-to-date with what’s happening on All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! (Must verify subscription; left side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Grab my button and place it on the main page of your blog (Right side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments; make sure you tell me where I can find it)
- Grab my “Spring Cleaning” Event button and post on your blog (Right side of blog; 5 entries = 5 comments; make sure you tell me where I can find it)
- Stumble this post (you can use the button at the bottom of this post; leave a comment with your Stumble ID; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Share/Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with URL; 5 entries = 5 comments)
- TWEET (You may tweet once a day for one entry; please leave tweet URL in comment; feel free to copy the following) RT: #win 2 bottles of 8 oz Moisturizing Lotion from @TropTraditions via @giveawaytrain! Ends 2/21! http://bit.ly/eDgBDg
Details: This giveaway ends on February 21, 2011, at 11:59 pm PST. A winner will be chosen using Random.org and contacted via e-mail. So please make sure you leave your e-mail address in your comments, otherwise you will forfeit the prize. The winner has 48 hours to respond, otherwise s/he will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to US & Canada.
*Disclaimer: A sample product was provided to me in exchange for my honest review. The opinions and thoughts expressed are my own. I received no other compensation for my review nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review.