Review & Giveaway
Again, Tropical Traditions has surpassed my expectations…not only in the product, but how fast their shipping is! I received my Coconut Peanut Butter in just 5 short days after ordering!
“Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter is made from organic peanuts and organic coconut. Two ingredients: nothing else! No fillers, no binders, no sweeteners, and no preservatives. The peanuts are 100% organic Valencia peanuts grown organically by family farmers in New Mexico and Texas. Grown in the dry climate of the southwestern United States, these peanuts are certified organic and free from aflatoxins. The dried coconut is certified organic coconut meat from the Philippines from coconuts that are grown with no fertilizers or pesticides. This premium dried coconut contains no additives or preservatives, and is not sweetened. Unlike most dried coconut on the market, our dried coconut products are not treated with sulfites to keep them white. Together, these premium organic roasted peanuts and the premium organic dried coconut are ground together to make a delicious and nutritious spread!”
I have never been a huge peanut butter fan until my kids starting only wanting PB & Js for lunch. Don’t get me wrong…I think peanut butter is great in cookies…but never craved a sandwich with peanut butter. My husband on the other hand is a HUGE fan! I really wanted to try something new…something different…so I asked if I could review the Coconut Peanut Butter from Tropical Traditions. The 16 oz glass jar retails for $14.99, but is currently on sale for $9.99. Yes, it’s a more expensive option than Skippy or Jiff…but a healthier option. Will I use it on the kids sandwiches…probably not, but I will use it on deserts…like ice cream & brownies…but before I tell you about how I used it, I need to let you know about the texture. When I first opened the jar, it was chalky…I needed to mix it up to smooth it out. Since it only contains coconut & peanuts, the texture changes with the temperature in the house. The very next day is was extra creamy because we had it warm in the house. A few days later is was chilling in the morning and the Coconut Peanut Butter hardened. Also, this is NOT sweetened…so it is not a sugary tasting as other peanut butter.
My Tropical Traditions contact highly recommended trying the Coconut Peanut Butter as an ice cream topping. Oh yes…I had to run out and buy a single scoop of ice cream to see what he was talking about. I smoothed on a layer of Coconut Peanut Butter over my ice cream…and within a few seconds it was a hard candy shell. DELICIOUS! Thanks Dan for the recommendation!
Now…ice cream was awesome with the Coconut Peanut Butter… by why stop there…why not bake it into a BROWNIE! I took a few tablespoons and melted the Coconut Peanut Butter in the microwave…then drizzled it on top of the brownie mix. After baking the brownies, my husband asked if he could have one now…but it was for his dad’s birthday…he had to wait 24 hours! Another winner! All the brownies were GONE within a few minutes.
Need a recipe? Visit http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/
In comparing the Nutrition Facts of the Coconut Peanut Butter vs. the generic Peanut Butter I have in the pantry…I am amazed at the difference! First of all, CPB – 32 calories vs. PB – 200! Second, CPB – 2.6g vs. PB – 16 g! Third, total carb CPB – 1g vs. PB – 6g! NEED I SAY MORE?!?!
I love Tropical Traditions!
Check out my past reviews:
Available at www.tropicaltraditions.com
One lucky reader will win
a 16 oz jar of Coconut Peanut Butter!
a 16 oz jar of Coconut Peanut Butter!
How to Enter:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry along with your e-mail address.
Each entry is worth one unless otherwise stated.
- Visit Tropical Traditions and tell me something you learned.
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Facebook.
- Follow All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @Troptraditions on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Subscribe to the Tropical Traditions email Sales Newsletter here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/subscribe_for_special_sales.cfm
- Vote for me on The Picket Fence Blogs (click button on the left for 1 entry each day)
- Become a public follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Google Friend Connect (Left side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Become a follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Networked Blogs (Left side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Subscribe via email to stay up-to-date with what’s happening on All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! (Must verify subscription; left side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Grab my button and place it on the main page of your blog (Right side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments; make sure you tell me where I can find it)
- Stumble this post (you can use the button at the bottom of this post; leave a comment with your Stumble ID; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Share/Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with URL; 5 entries = 5 comments)
- TWEET (You may tweet once a day for one entry; please leave tweet URL in comment; feel free to copy the following) RT #win Coconut Peanut Butter from @TropTraditions via @giveawaytrain! Ends 5/10! US & Canada http://bit.ly/i4W6Xb
Details: This giveaway ends on May 10, 2011, at 11:59 pm PST. A winner will be chosen using Random.org and contacted via e-mail. So please make sure you leave your e-mail address in your comments, otherwise you will forfeit the prize. The winner has 48 hours to respond, otherwise s/he will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to US & Canada.
*Disclaimer: A sample product was provided to me in exchange for my honest review. The opinions and thoughts expressed are my own. I received no other compensation for my review nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review.