I first started to play with my 17 month old daughter using family photos. This was a great way to teach Kira and help her recognize names with faces. She seemed to enjoy pointing to the photos as I asked her to find Daddy, Mommy, Logan & Aunt Wendy. She really liked getting the positive reinforcement from Mommy and Daddy (who were applauding each time she correctly identified the photo).
Next we worked on identifying foods. As you can see in the photo, we only used 5 of the 15 pockets. Since this was Kira’s second time working with the mat, we didn’t want to overwhelm her with too many visuals. We focused on 5 cards and worked on names with pictures.
Skills we can work on with the U-Play Mat — labeling, matching, similarities, differences, answering yes/no questions, who/what/where/why/when questions, describing, making connections, and so much more!
Of course my son didn’t want Kira to have all the fun…so here is a little video clip of Logan (labeling items, matching):
This is a wonderful way to work with your kids…and I plan on using it daily with mine!
Start interacting with your toddler today…
buy a U-Play Mat at www.playthisway.com!
Save 10% off for your order + FREE shipping
with coupon code: GIVEAWAY10
If your e-mail address is on your profile, then make sure your profile is public.
- Visit Play This Way and leave me a comment telling me something you learned.
- Follow Play This Way Every Day on Facebook
- Follow All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @playthisway on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Become a public follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Google Friend Connect. (Left side of blog; 2 entries – 2 comments)
- Subscribe via email to All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! (Must verify subscription before leaving comment; left side of blog: 2 entries – 2 comments)
- Grab my button, post it on the main page of your blog & tell me where I can find it (right side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Grab the Holiday Helpers Event button, post it on the main page of your blog & tell me where I can find it (right side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments).
- Stumble this giveaway (you can use the button at the bottom of this page: please leave your Stumble ID; 2 entries = 2 comments).
- Share/Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with URL; 5 entries = 5 comments)
- TWEET: #win @playthisway starter kit from @giveawaytrain! Ends 11/22! http://tinyurl.com/39394ts Plus 10% off & FREE shipping coupon code! (You may tweet daily for 1 entry; please leave a comment with tweet URL).