Okay…so when I was nursing my first child, my breasts became engorged often…and the pain was NOT fun and at times unbearable! If you are currently nursing or nursed, then you know what I am talking about (even if you didn’t…after having a child, your milk comes in and your breasts go CRAZY). I did everything in the book from taking a shower, to pumping, to putting ice packs on my breasts…and all I have to say is I WISH I knew about LaMa Bra back then! LaMa Bra sent me 2 bras…one for me and one for my friend who is due in 2 weeks.
|LaMa Bra comes with bra, 2 ice paks and bra extension for $29.99!|
The LaMa Bra helps reduce the engorgement pain mothers encounter while breastfeeding or during stages of weaning. This bra is specifically designed for comfort, convenience and personal discretion. The LaMa Bra can be worn anytime, anywhere…even if you are not nursing, this LaMa Bra is a great everyday bra (and you can always use the cold paks for your kids’ booboos…which is what my plan is for the paks since I am not nursing anymore.).
The LaMa Bra is simple to use…just toss the cooling paks into the freezer & once they are cold you just slip them into the cups of the bra. The bra will hold the gel paks in place and apply a sufficient amount of pressure to help decrease the milk production. I’ve learned that you should never put ice packs directly to the skin…via my former employer who was a physical therapist…ice packs should not be placed directly on the skin to avoid frostbite; they should be placed over a washcloth or towel. Well, I am not going to lay on an ice pack or shove an ice pak in my current bra against my skin. LaMa Bra is an excellent solution! (See diagram below.)
Sizing is easy with LaMa Bras…just order the correct cup size and the bra comes with an extra hook & look extender. I found that this bra fits similar to my Maidenform bra…so if you wear Maidenform, then you will enjoy the fit of LaMa Bras. I don’t really wear my Maidenform bras anymore because I prefer more coverage…so LaMa Bra won’t be my every day bra…but I would definitely use it if I was nursing, engorged or weaning…and I do recommend it for engorgement relief. It’s a great invention and perfect for any mom!
My friend is due in 2 short weeks…so I will have to update this post with her experiences as a new breastfeeding mom. So far, she has been wearing that bra quite a bit, but hasn’t tried the gel paks. She said, “I will say I’ve been pretty happy with the bra…It’s been comfortable! Cup size still a little big, but ok (at least it’s not a DD).” Funny story…I got her a nursing bra to review and they sent a DD which unfortunately is WAY TOO BIG!
Check out the LaMa Bra today!
LaMa Bras will giveaway one bra for every 50 entries that come in!!!
How to Enter:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry along with your e-mail address.
Each entry is worth one unless otherwise stated.
- Visit LaMa Bra and leave me a comment telling me why you would like to win a new bra.
- Follow LaMa Bra on Facebook.
- Follow All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @lamabra on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Become a public follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Google Friend Connect (Left side of blog)
- Become a follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Networked Blogs (Left side of blog)
- Subscribe via email to stay up-to-date with what’s happening on All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! (Must verify subscription; left side of blog)
- Grab my button and place it on the main page of your blog (Right side of blog; make sure you tell me where I can find it)
- Stumble this post (you can use the button at the bottom of this post; leave a comment with your Stumble ID)
- Share/Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with URL; 5 entries = 5 comments)
- TWEET (You may tweet once a day for one entry; please leave tweet URL in comment; feel free to copy the following) RT 1 of every 50 entries will #win a @lamabra from @giveawaytrain! Ends 4/26! #WORLDWIDE http://tinyurl.com/GTlamabra
Details: This giveaway ends on April 26, 2011, at 11:59 pm PST. A winner will be chosen using Random.org and contacted via e-mail. So please make sure you leave your e-mail address in your comments, otherwise you will forfeit the prize. The winner has 48 hours to respond, otherwise s/he will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to everyone everywhere (WORLDWIDE).
*Disclosure: A sample product was provided to me in exchange for my honest review. The opinions and thoughts expressed are my own. I received no other compensation for my review nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review.