What is SKOY? SKOY is an environmental advance in cleaning cloths (use instead of paper towels or sponges. Made in Germany, packaged in the USA and based out of Encinitas, CA.
- 100% biodegradable and natural
- absorbs 15 times its own weight
- non-toxic, chlorine-free & made using water-based colors & inks
- reusable & machine washable
- equivalent to using 15 rolls of paper towels (in the average home)
SKOY cloths last forever (not really…but they last for a really long time)! They are awesome to use in the kitchen for those minor spills (or the major ones the kids seem to always make on the dinning room table). I am so excited that they have recently come out with a larger size!
To get started, just wet the cloth…wipe…and WOW the dirt, spill, etc is GONE! Make sure you squeeze out excess water. That way your cloth will be able to absorb more while cleaning. You can use SKOY with almost any cleaner or just use water. However, try to avoid chlorine.
Once my SKOY cloth starts looking a little yucky, I will either wet it and pop it into the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes…or toss in the dishwasher…or even throw it into the washer & dryer. I prefer the microwave (quick & easy).
|Old vs. New|
As you can see in the photo above, the SKOY did shrink. However, that does not affect the absorption of the cloth. It shrunk over time due to the high heat while disinfecting/cleaning the cloth in the dishwasher.
Now, a cloth can only last for so long in the kitchen. As soon as it looks a little worse for wear, it gets downgraded into a cleaning cloth for the bathroom or floors. One has even made it to the outside as our patio furniture cloth. I have yet to throw one away. There is always a need for it. Even after 4+ months of use they still have a lot of life left in them. Though like I said before, I am happy to get a new set because I really needed some new ones for the kitchen (I was actually about ready to order some new ones…now I will just order a few for my family – GREAT stocking stuffers!).
Buy SKOY online
How To Enter:
If your e-mail address is on your profile, then make sure your profile is public.
- Visit SKOY and comment back here telling me one thing you learned.
- Follow SKOY on Facebook.
- Follow All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @Skoycloth on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Become a public follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Google Friend Connect. (Left side of blog; 2 entries = 2 comments)
- Subscribe via email to All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! (Must verify subscription before leaving comment; left side of blog: 2 entries = 2 comments)
- Comment on a non-giveaway post (leave a comment telling me which post you commented on)
- Enter another giveaway on my blog or on Mommy Wants Freebies Blog (leave me a comment telling which giveaway you entered).
- Grab my button, post it on the main page of your blog & tell me where I can find it (right side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Grab the Holiday Helpers Event button, post it on the main page of your blog & tell me where I can find it (right side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments).
- Stumble this giveaway (you can use the button at the bottom of this page: please leave your Stumble ID; 2 entries = 2 comments).
- Share/Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with URL; 5 entries = 5 comments)
- TWEET: RT #win 4 pack of SKOY cloths from @Skoycloth via @giveawaytrain! Ends 12/10! http://tinyurl.com/279pklf 2 winners! (You may tweet daily for 1 entry; please leave a comment with tweet URL).