Now that Kira is getting bigger (she loves to move and groove) it’s been a treat taking them both shopping when I forget to bring the ERGObaby carrier. Two kids, one mom and a shopping cart…oh the fun to be had! Most of the time my husband and I do the grocery shopping together (one kid for each parent), but even then kids want to move around. We tried out the Hold-On Handle on our last excursion to Vons. Kira did the test run at home and she loved wearing the handle as a bracelet…leading Daddy all around the driveway. Logan used the handle while shopping at Vons. We attached it to the shopping cart and Kira sat in the seat while Logan walked next to us. It’s definitely going to take a little time to get Logan used to holding on to the handle and not letting go and running off to see what fun food is available at his level to grab. I can see that the Hold-On Handle will become very useful in training Logan and Kira to stay near to Mommy & Daddy…it will just take some time and practice. This was our first trip, so he wasn’t really up to the fun. Next time we will see if he does better.
Susanne (co-founder) said, “It is important to be consistent about when you use them, ie. whenever you are without in help, in parking lots, etc. The best way to teach the kids to hold on is to use it as a stroller accessory at first. The minute they let go of the handle, they lose their walking privilege and should go back in the stroller. Trust me, kids understand consequences and will adapt quickly to the rules.”
One lucky reader will win a double Hold-On Handle!
(That’s right…2 winners!)
If your e-mail address is on your profile, then make sure your profile is public.
- Visit Greater Than One Kids and comment back here telling me something you learned and/or if you prefer the single or double Hold On Handle.
- Follow Greater Than One Kids, LLC on Facebook.
- Follow All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! on Facebook.
- Follow @GreaterThan1Kid on Twitter.
- Follow @giveawaytrain on Twitter.
- Become a public follower of All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! via Google Friend Connect. (Left side of blog; 2 entries = 2 comments)
- Subscribe via email to All Aboard (the review & giveaway train)! (Must verify subscription before leaving comment; left side of blog: 2 entries = 2 comments)
- Comment on a non-giveaway post (leave a comment telling me which post you commented on)
- Enter another giveaway on my blog (leave me a comment telling which giveaway you entered).
- Grab my button, post it on the main page of your blog & tell me where I can find it (right side of blog; 3 entries = 3 comments)
- Stumble this giveaway (you can use the button at the bottom of this page: please leave your Stumble ID; 3 entries =3 comments).
- Share/Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post (comment with URL; 5 entries = 5 comments)
- TWEET: 2 winners! #WIN Hold On Handles for strollers & walking – @GreaterThan1Kid via @giveawaytrain! Ends 1/25! #safety #kids http://bit.ly/ebdMNH (You may tweet daily for 1 entry; please leave a comment with tweet URL).