Between blogging, my new business ReNewell Body Care, and taking care of two kids, finding time to cook a healthy, delicious meal is not always easy. I find that using my slow cooker makes dinner quick and easy. But what’s the best way to spice up the meal? Well, Tricia sent me the Caribbean “Jerk” Chicken Slow Cooker Mix to test out. It was super easy to use.
- Combine seasoning mix and 1/3 cup of water into the slow cooker and stir until well blended.
- Add 3 to 6 pieces of chicken breast pieces (I used 3 chicken breasts).
- MY TWIST: Add 5 to 6 red potatoes cut into cubes.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (you may need to cook longer if the chicken is frozen).
- Turn chicken once an hour to avoid “spicy” spots (I only turned once at the 2 hour mark).
First of all, the mix smelled amazing! As the chicken and potatoes cooked, the aroma spread throughout my house. Dinner time couldn’t arrive soon enough. Finally after 4 hours of cooking, it was time to indulge. DELICOUS!!!!! Flavorful and spicy! The chicken melted in our mouths. A complete meal… chicken & potatoes… and we added a salad. YUM! The Caribbean “Jerk” Chicken mix is by far a new favorite in my household. Even the kids enjoyed the chicken. (NOTE: We gave the kids the inside of the chicken since the mix is spicy.