I’ve been trying to eat healthier…and I am NOT alone! I have joined my friends in the battle of the bulge! My friend Jessie (of Running a Healthy Family) created a Fit Friend’s group on Facebook. Together we are supporting each other in losing the unwanted weight and trying to eat healthy. When I was walking through Vons yesterday I called Jessie and asked her to help me create an avocado pasta recipe. I could have just Googled something, but I knew Jessie would have some great suggestions. So together we came up with this amazing recipe:
Ingredients: (feel free to adjust as needed…I certainly did)
8 oz of Mini Farfalle (AKA: Bow Tie Pasta)
3 medium avocados (the riper the better)
2 heaping tablespoons of Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2 heaping tablespoons of salsa
- Cook pasta per instructions on the box/bag.
- While the pasta is cooking, peel avocados and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add 1-2 heaping tablespoons of Non-Fat Greek yogurt & salsa. (Be careful, you don’t want to add too much salsa otherwise it will taste more like guacamole than a creamy avocado sauce.)
- Mix with fork or hand blender (my avocados were a little on the tough side, so I opted for the blender).
- After I drained the pasta, I mixed the avocado sauce in until the pasta was completed coated.
- You can serve warm or cold.
Reactions: The kids were NOT impressed with my newest creation, but that doesn’t surprise me…they are not good with new foods, especially GREEN foods. My husband on the other hand LOVED it! Yes, he even had seconds…and took leftovers to work today! I actually cut up the leftover chicken breast and mixed it into the pasta…it was YUMMY!