With the weather heating up, I wanted to make a nice refreshing dish for dinner. We haven’t had chicken salad for a while, so I decided to whip up a new version of my favorite chicken salad. Sometimes the BEST dish is the simple one! If you don’t have the ingredients below, then feel free to change it up!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 small avocados
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 3 small sweet bell peppers
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken breast in slow cooker on high for 4 hours (I didn’t add any liquids or spices to the slow cooker). Allow to cool, then shred with fork.
- While the chicken is cooling, place your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and set aside 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water, peel, and cube the egg. Set aside.
- Dice the avocado and place into a medium sized bowl. Use a fork to mash (it doesn’t have to be completely mashed).
- Add 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt and mix well with the avocados.
- Add minced garlic.
- Chop the sweet bell peppers and add them into the avocado/yogurt.
- Fold in the chicken and eggs. If the mix looks dry you can add more yogurt.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on bread, make a wrap with your favorite tortilla…or eat it just by itself!
If you love this recipe, please PIN it on Pinterest and share with your friends.