Life has been going fast, so I apologize for not updating my 40 Acts of Kindness Series. I’ve noticed of the last few weeks that it’s the little things that count! You don’t have to make a grand gesture to sprinkle kindness on your family, friends, and strangers.
Here are a few of the things that I have done to spread kindness:
- Volunteering to organize the Box Tops for my school. It takes a lot of time, but in the end my school and my students will reap the benefits! I have already turned in over $500!!! We will definitely meet our goal of $1000 by the end of the year…if not sooner!
- Our school was looking for a fun fundraiser, so I designed 5 new spirit buttons and ordered them.
- Kira was having a rough day at school, so I put a note on her desk that said “I love you!”
- Sometimes I just want to put a smile on my kids faces… so I hid a note in their lunchbox.
- One of my fellow teachers needed someone to step in and take notes for our PTC meeting. I didn’t hesitate to volunteer. I immediately send her the notes to keep for her file.
- At my last doctor’s appointment, there was an older woman trying to get her husband through the door. He was in a wheelchair. The door didn’t have an automatic opener, so they were struggling. I jumped out of my chair and rushed to open the door for them.
- At our Heritage Day Parade in Oakhurst yesterday, my son and I volunteered our time selling waters for the Cub Scouts.